I typically avoid press releases from companies when they announce new bikes because I don’t feel like sharing a bike if I have nothing to say about it. But Honda’s just announced the Rebel 1100, and I’m surprised by how much I like the idea. More importantly, I don’t have to share a boring press release with you, because Honda’s got a video. Take a look, and then tell me what you think?
If you can’t be bothered to watch the video, the important stuff is:
– It’s a Rebel (already available in 300 and 500 versions) with the 1100 motor from a Africa Twin (~100 horsepower). The tuning is different, air filter and exhaust are different, and the flywheel is 20% heavier. Remember when the Rebel name meant ~20 horsepower for decades?
– Transmission options include a six-speed manual or a DCT
– $9,222 for the six-speed manual, $9,999 for the DCT
– It’ll be available at your local dealership in January
– 3L storage space with USB port under the seat
– Ride modes, traction control, wheelie control, and cruise control.
If you want to learn more, here’s an “Inside Look” from Honda themselves. I normally don’t care for cruisers, but I’m really excited to try the new big Rebel for myself: