1975 Suzuki GT750

In Japan, Standard by AbhiLeave a Comment

Share Button

The Suzuki GT750, affectionately known as the Water Buffalo, was the bike that made Suzuki a household name in the United States.  The follow-up to a sporty bike, Suzuki surprised (and disappointed) motorcycle magazines by instead marketing this as a sports-tourer.  Don’t tell anyone – Suzuki actually changed the intent of this bike because they were having reliability issues with the bigger engine at high rpm’s.  Still, the GT750 introduced the world to a few firsts in motorcycling, including the first usage of double disc brakes on a bike, as well as the first two stroke to collect residual gas.  In addition to that, it was the the first modern motorcycle to feature liquid cooling. This example (VIN: GT75055433) is possibly the nicest I’ve ever seen for sale. It has 8,400 miles and is basically unrestored – the seller estimates that it’s 90% original, and the remaining 10% is still OEM Suzuki (except for the ignition). This is definitely a rare color for the Water Buffalo, though I still haven’t decided if I like it or not. Still, this is an excellent example of the breed, and interest will be high in this cult classic. Find this Water Buffalo for sale in New River, Arizona with bidding up to $4,000 and the reserve not yet met

Share Button