Continuing today’s theme of modern Harleys looking like older ones, here’s a 2005 Softail Heritage that’s been turned into a Knucklehead tribute.
Per the seller, this example (VIN: 1HD1BYB105Y072942) was built by the same Harley dealership in Long Island that “built all Billy Joel’s tribute bikes, noting that this is something that can be ridden daily and it cost over $50k to create. It has just 656 miles, and modifications include:
– Venetian Blue paint with Croydon Cream panels and wheels (from the ’35-’36 bikes)
– “Correct dash”
– Jockey shifter (though there’s a hand clutch so you can ride it like a modern motorcycle)
– Electric starter and kick starter
– “retro style tool boxes mounted to hide the swingers for a more authentic rigid look”
– internal throttle to hide the cables
– a few other “retro” style pieces like the timing cover, turn signals, seat, and exhaust.
Per the seller, Billy Joel had the dealership build a few customs – here’s another example from my visit to his collection a couple of years ago:
Find this Harley tribute for sale in Los Angeles, California with a BIN of $18,500 or best offer here on eBay.